The Planhorse system was first developed in 1979 and has since established markets all around the world. Today it sells in more than 60 countries. The Planhorse brand is Internationally accepted as a leader in the field of large document storage.
Over the years up-dates have been made to the design and further uses for the product have been developed.
The Planhorse patented design is based on a unique ultra strong two piece aluminium extrusion clamp which has big advantages over its competitors who require 3 extrusions to gain sufficient grip: strength to hold 100 or more sheets.
For the last 15 years Planhorse has provided a 10 year replacement Guarantee on its clamp.
Whilst the principal manufacturing base is in New Zealand Planhorse also have certain items in the range manufactured under licence in order to reduce freight costs and ensure steady product supply to strategic markets.
Our range of large format Vertical filing systems includes both group filing (The Clamp System) and Self Adhesive Filing Strips for filing each sheet individually (The Planstrip System).
Planhorse is a world leader in large format document storage.
Specialists in Plan Storage, Blueprint Storage, Drawing Storage our systems provide high density, economic storage with aesthetic appeal, quick access and retrieval, easy operation and long term usage life.
The Planhorse System is used in over 60 countries in many industries. The most regular users are those engaged in the Construction Industry.
- CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
- OIL FIELDS, REFINERS, PIPELINES
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANIES
- FIRE & POLICE DEPARTMENTS
- HARBOUR BOARDS
- WORKS DEPARTMENT
- REGIONAL COUNCILS & SHIRES
- UTILITIES GAS / ELECTRICITY
- DEVELOPERS & VALUERS
- DEFENCE & CIVIL EMERGENCY
- UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES
- MINING & EXPLORATION COMPANIES
- BUILDING & MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORS
Advantages of Planhorse over competitor systems
Many of the Planhorse features are not available on our competitors products.
- The clamp has a handle for easy carrying.
- The depth of the clamps jaws and its 2 extrusion design instead of the 3 extrusion used by others allows a much stronger no slipping grip.
- Planhorse uses strong industrial strength aluminium extrusion in its clamp. Competitors use lighter aluminium which weakens the grip causing slippage of contents.
- Planhorse clamps will hold 1 sheet as firmly as 100 sheets. Fully tested when carrying 200 sheets our clamp has greater gripping capacity than any competitors product we know of.
- Finger tightness sufficient for strong grip.
- Wing nuts made of zinc designed for easy grip.
- Nylon washers on bolts permit easy opening and tightening.
- L spring flush with inside of clamp leaves no sharp edges to damage drawings.
- Rounded edge of jaws eliminates damage to drawings and desk tops.
- Durable powder coated finish enhances appearance and eliminates any danger of drawings being crimped, marked or torn.
- Planhorse powder coated clamps much less susceptible to chipping and scratching than those of competitors. Majority of competitors clamps are anodised aluminium with sharp edges.
- Strong Nylon acrylic hanging clip, does not scratch or scrape the surface of Trolley or wallrack’s hanging modules.
- Ease of access to trolley’s and wallracks. Clamp hang anywhere on the hanging modules.
Trolleys & Wallracks
- Trolley and wallracks are front loading. No having to lift a laden clamp to lower and fit it into a Trolley which supports the clamp at each end. No having to find brackets or fittings.
- Trolleys are load tested, carry up to 2000 sheets (4000 the CAD Mobile) and are fully mobile on heavy duty industrial castors.
- Vertical hanging system allows lateral movement facilitating easy finding of sets of drawings.
- Planhorse universal clamp (available in limited markets) will fit several other systems and the universal trolley will carry other systems clamps/binders.
- Clamp access to Trolleys and Wallracks simple and quick. Hang the clamp from the front of the Trolley/Wallrack. Simply tilt the clamp as it is being hung then straighten to secure the front stop in position behind the hanging module. To extract the clamp tilt and with draw.